Hustle: Just Make that Money

Hello Readers, 


The nice business terminology is "Diversifying Income Streams", which means earning money from different sources by performing different jobs and collecting at different times. The colloquial term is the hustle, it was not until recently I truly learned the meaning of hustling. 

Hustling is defined in urban spheres as anything you need to need in order to make money, whether it be legal or illegal it matters not, but since to my knowledge I do not knowingly engage in criminal activity, I talking about the legal hustle even though some ethical lines have to be crossed it makes sense to take the risk as with risk comes reward. 

In one semester I have managed to monopolize the exam review session market at school, as well as become the most revered tutor who is paid not only once but twice to do the same job. Additionally I've hustled as an exam invigilator to make a little more on the top. What I learned is that if you are going to commit to extending yourself you must learn to share the commitment among the jobs, do not do too much in one area unless there is a sure reward. 

This plays into my school motto and that is to always "Work Smart and Not Hard", hard work pays off in the end, but smart work sees a larger and faster return on investment.  I cannot understand why some people try to reinvent the wheel, the wheel was made for us to use it, our job is make the wheel move  faster and more efficiently. In economics we talk about cost minimization and profit maximization for firms and utility maximization for consumers. 

This is how I view myself, I am a one person firm, I seek to minimize costs both monetary and non-monetary, I seek to maximize profits as they represent the return for my human capital and I maximize my utility or the level of satisfaction once the first two conditions are met then I can spend reasonably and live comfortably. 

So work multiple jobs if you can, make as much money as you can by grinding when you're young, even if it means doing things might seem to be beyond you, no job is too odd. A hard earned dollar is more valuable than one you just get. The proof is that when your parents give/gave you money you would blow through it, then go back to the source, but when you earned money for yourself you saved it, how ironic. 

I leave these words with you, to inspire a drive to work what you want,  work for the mansion and the bentley and the designer clothes, no matter how hard or long you pray its not going to fall into your lap. 

#CollegeEconomist #WorkSmartnotHard #CEAdvice

Remember to share and leave a comment

    

Comments

Popular Posts